Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Unit 7 Creating Wellness Blog

Your Blog
Complete the following and post in your blog:1. Complete the "Meeting Asciepius" exercise on track #4 of the Dacher CD. Describe your meditative practice(s) for the week and discuss the experience. Explain how mindfulness or meditation has fostered an increase in your psychological or spiritual wellness. How can you continue to apply these practices in your life to foster greater health and wellness?2. Describe the saying: "One cannot lead another where one has not gone himself” (P.477) How does this apply to the health and wellness professional? Do you have an obligation to your clients to be developing your health psychologically, physically, and spiritually? Why or why not? How can you implement psychological and spiritual growth in your personal life?3. Participate in the Blogs of at least three other students. Provide them with feedback on their strategies for growth and wellness. (Would their exercises be beneficial for you? Why or Why not? Do you have any suggestions for them? Would their exercises work for your clientele? Why or why not?)

1.As far as the "Meeting Asciepius" assignment; it was defitinely not my favorite. I did not like the assignment and it was a very uncomfortable experience. As far as "Mindfulness practices" goes, they have opened the door for my innerself to grow and respond to life's challenges more positively and more effectively. I must continue to do these exercises everyday regardless of how busy I might be in order to foster greater health and wellness.
2. In my opinion, I believe that this is saying that if one has never had any experience with situations, trials, setbacks, disappointments, hardships, or whatever the case maybe; then it would be really hard for that person to give advice to another or know exactly how another person maybe feeling that is going through something. This applies greatly to the health and wellness profession because if I am feeling down or going through some troubles then I would definitely prefer to talk to someone who has "been there and done that" or have great great professional knowledge about what I am going through. Yes I have an obligation to my clients to develop my health in every way possible because I want to be able to set a good example for them. I believe that actions speak louder than words and we as professionals should practice what we preach in order to gain trust.
I can implement psychological growth in my personal life by reducing and minimizing day to day stressors through meditation practices and I can implement spiritual growth through reading my favorite scriptures daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment