Monday, May 3, 2010

Unit 10 Blog Discussion

Your Blog
Your final blog entry is to summarize your experiences in this course and discuss how it has assisted your well-being and your ability to assist others.Complete the following and post in your blog:
Review your unit 3 personal assessment of your psychological, physical, and spiritual well-being. Reflect on these areas . How did you score yourself on a scale from 1 to 10 in unit 3? How do you score yourself now? Has the score changed? Why or why not?
Review the goals and activities you set for yourself in each area. Have you made progress toward the goals? Explain.
Have you implemented the activities you chose for your well-being in each of the three areas? Explain.
Summarize your personal experience throughout this course. Have you developed improved well-being? What has been rewarding? What has been difficult? How will this experience improve your ability to assist others?
Participate in the blogs of at least three classmates.

I scored myself a (10) on all 3 areas: physical, spiritual, and psychological well-being; earlier in the semester and I still feel the exact same way at the very end of the course if not higher. The scores haven't changed because I haven't had any dramatic changes in my life in the last couple of weeks and I am totally happy with my life and who I am. I have made progress toward my goals of exercise, meditation, and reading my bible more. Now that this semester is over that gives me a little more time to squeeze in and work on some of these personal activities that I so desire. I have implemented the activities in all 3 areas because I am the type of person that does not like to put things off until the last minute because that only causes me more harm than good by increasing my stress level. Once I decided to improve myself physically, spiritually, and psychologically, I feel refreshed and have an even more greater outlook on life now. I have lost a couple of more pounds, gainned more spiritual knowledge, and have increased my ability to deal with ongoing stressors. My personal experience throughout this course has been truly amazing, fun, and rewarding all at the same time. The blog assignments were fun and gave me a chance to connect with my classmates on a more personal level. Nothing has been difficult except for the "subltle mind exercises" in the textbook. This will improve my ability to assist others by inspiring them to push forward in life no matter how difficult their situations may seem right now; it's never to late to take a stand.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Mary I believe I ended my blog with your comment knowledge is the key I have enjoyed reading your blogs and I admire your great and positive attitude. You started with a 10 and ended with a 10 what a great ending. Many thanks and blessings. thanks for all your sharing
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete