Sunday, March 21, 2010

Unit 4 Creating Wellness Blog Assignment

Upon completion of reading chapter 6, review the section ‘Getting Started’ (p.66). Begin practice 1: Loving Kindness. Listen to tracks # 1 and #2 on the Dacher CD. Practice the Loving Kindness exercise this week. In your journal (blog), record your reaction to the exercise.Answer each of the following in your blog:1. Describe your experience. (Did you find it beneficial? Difficult?) Why or Why not? Would you recommend this to others? Why or Why not?2. What is the concept of “Mental Workout? What does the research indicate are the proven benefits of a Mental Work Out? How can you implement mental workouts to foster your psychological health? 3. Participate in the Blogs of at least three other students. Provide them with feedback on their experiences. (Do you have any suggestions or support for them? How does their experience(s) compare to your experience(s)? What have you learned from their blog?)

The Experience was one that I found to be adventorous although in a calm state of mind; Somethting that I don't think about often is how to really connect with my inner self in ways of understanding and loving even my faults and flaws which is all apart of the human flourishing. I found this experience beneficial because it has just reinforced the statement "Our first and last love is... self-love" Christian Nevell Bovee. There was nothing that I found to be difficult for me about the experience. I would reccomend this to others because I believe it promotes self-esteem and boosts self-confidence.

The concept of mental workout "allowing our minds to work daily by practicing new thoughts, and opportunities" (Dacher, 2006) "if we stop trainning our minds then they will decline growth and eventually die before the full potential of exploration has been acheived"(Dacher, 2006)

Benefits of a mental workout: "health, happiness, and wholeness" (Dacher, 2006)

3 comments:

  1. Hello, I am inspired by the practice of lovingkindness and my goal is to continue this process of training.
    And you are so true firs love is to love thyself!!


    Thanks
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary,

    I found this practice to be difficult. I am unsure why but it does make you reflect on yourself as a person. I know I would like to obtain some of the attributes my husband posses such as patience and never judgemental. He is always slow to anger and never think ill of anyone. I do believe I am loving, kind, and generous with my time if I have it to give as well as any material items I may not need or can do without. However, I feel I give so much of myself at times to everyone around me that I would like to just take time for myself. Maybe I just do not exhibit much self-centeredness and therefore, that is why this exercise did not work for me. Who knows?! I'm just speaking aloud.

    I suppose you have me thinking about my self-esteem though! Thanks for your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally you agree with you. I enjoyed the loving-kindness assignment alot better as I could relate to it more personally. I am having a hard time finding your name in our class. I feel so bad. I searched and searched.

    ReplyDelete